Unsurprisingly, you will become tired if you don’t sleep or sleep too much!
However, you may experience other problems like:
- You may become unwell
- your immune system is weakened, and you might find it more difficult to fight off bugs.
- Your skin may suffer:
- You may develop uneven skin colour and may be more likely to develop spots.
- More at risk of developing health conditions:
- Sleeping for too little and for too long can affect your heart health, your risk of cancer increases, you may gain weight and your risk of diabetes increases.
- Your mental wellbeing may suffer:
- You may feel irritable and eventually start to feel down and/or anxious.
- You’re more accident prone
- When you’re tired, you experience reduced alertness and concentration which can cause you to be clumsier!
- You can’t think properly
- You might find it difficult to remember things, make decisions and solve problems.